For our office in Unterföhring bei München we are looking for:
Junior Developer Video Streaming (m/f/d)
The Live Streaming Team is a cross-functional team of highly experienced individuals with deep competences in cutting-edge media technologies, cloud technologies, software development, quality assurance, and product management within the ProSiebenSat1 Digital GmbH. We master evolutionary design, development, and operation of PSD’s Live Streaming pipeline including ingest, QC, on-the-fly transcoding, DRM, packaging, playout, CDN and advanced features like instant restart or Network DVR.
Our Tech Stack
- Our infrastructure is mainly based on internally developed services and some 3rd party software
- We are developing in PHP, Python, C++ and GO, building resilient and highly dynamically scaling services that run on AWS
- Our tech stack enables new business ideas and short time-to-market in a very dynamic environment
- Cloud, CI/CD, serverless architecture, a DevOps-mindset, lightweight processes, and data-driven optimization are enablers for us to achieve that
What you can expect in this role
- You will design and implement cloud-based services for our live and on demand streaming infrastructure with a huge variety of content (e.g. Superbowl, Germany’s next Topmodel, Galileo, etc.)
- You will focus on services around managing live streams and video on demand content, on-the-fly packaging and transcoding of audio and video, conditional access and content protection, and delivering media files for playback on Smart TVs, HDMI sticks, mobile devices, and web browsers
- You will monitor technical services and customer processes, aiming at continuously optimizing service quality
- You will follow market trends and analyze new video and audio formats, video coding technologies, streaming and encryption technologies
Your essential experience and education
- You have an university degree in computer science, information technology, media engineering, or equivalent
- You have some knowledge of modern web technologies, frameworks and tools and first interfaces with cloud services, AWS preferred
- You have a “You build it, you run it”-mentality and appreciate high quality software
- You possess very good English skills. German is a plus
What's in it for you?
- Take advantage of our wide range of training and development opportunities offered by the ProSiebenSat.1 Academy
- Benefit from a flexible work schedule with home office and 30 vacation days per year
- On our campus we offer a wide range of sports (including yoga, football or workouts), post office, laundry and ironing service as well as many cafés and Wifi on campus
- In addition to the campus's own daycare or a childcare allowance, there is a family service with free consultation
- Munich is one of the greatest Cities to live in Germany. With its closeness to the Alps you can enjoy skiing or hiking in the Alps within an hour drive from the Office.
- Enjoy an open culture without dress code in the diverse and creative environment of the media industry
If we got your attention, then send off your detailed application to us today. Discover more at tech.prosiebensat1.com.
ProSiebenSat.1 Group is one of Europe's leading media companies. Our stations SAT.1, ProSieben, kabel eins, sixx, SAT.1 Gold, ProSieben MAXX and kabel eins Doku captivate millions of viewers every day. But extraordinary TV entertainment is just one part of our concept for success. Today, our growth is based on four segments: German-speaking TV business, our digital units with a large entertainment and e-commerce portfolio, and our international program production and sales house. We have consistently diversified our company in recent years and created additional sources of revenue. This also reflects our vision: We are establishing ProSiebenSat.1 as a leading broadcasting, digital entertainment, and commerce powerhouse.