For our office in Berlin we are looking for:
Backend Engineer (m/f/d)
What you can expect in this role
- You work collaboratively with Product and other Engineers to scope, design, and implement user-facing features with high complexity that go beyond conventional eCommerce
- You implement product features that have a direct impact on user engagement, experience, and eventually monetization
- You take ownership of the whole development cycle – from architectural design to implementation, testing, deployment and maintenance
- You own your individual code base, write appropriate unit and integration tests, and continuously deploy accepted features
- You write elegant, maintainable and scalable applications
- You coach and mentor your engineering team on coding quality, best practices and frameworks that help us create amazing and scalable products
- You actively participate in product and feature discovery discussions sessions with our Product Managers
- You boost our Engineering culture that encourages knowledge sharing and mutual development
Your essential experience and education
- Several years of experience building highly scalable consumer-facing web applications in PHP and/or Java
- Strong understanding of building and debugging of scalable, high performance web SOA applications based on RESTful APIs
- Hands-on experience building services using Amazon Web Services
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Expertise in agile development practices (TDD, BDD, pair programming, etc.) is a plus
- English language fluency, German is a plus
What's in it for you?
- Our employees matter to us: We offer you a permanent contract
- Easy-going workplace: We pay your BVG ticket and we do not have a dresscode
- International flair: We support your relocation
- Employee discounts: In our online shop you get 30% discount and can access further discounts at partner companies
- Work-Life-Balance: Flexible working hours and home office options allow you to reconcile work and private life
- Recreation and relaxation: We offer you 29 days of vacation and the possibility of a paid sabbatical
- Family first: Our “emergency-moms” are there for you in out-of-the-ordinary situations and look after your child on site in the office
- Flaconi Development Mix: Actively shape your own career path and take advantage of our internal and external training opportunities
- Dog Policy: Dogs are welcome in our office!
- Flaconis know how to party: You can look forward to cool team events and company parties
- Agile work: As part of our cross-functional teams, you have the opportunity to help shape and advance cross-departmental topics
- Freedom for innovation: You can let your ideas run free at our regular hackathons and get inspiration for your daily business at Tech Talks and Breakfast Lectures
- Thinking about tomorrow together: Flaconi subsidizes your savings contribution to the company pension scheme with an additional 20%
- Welcome aboard: Not only our onboarding day helps you to orientate yourself in the first time, but also your personal buddy
- Food & drinks: For us it goes without saying that extras such as drinks and fruits are free
Shape our company’s success with us and apply now online! We look forward to receiving your complete application documents including your earliest starting date. Please direct your application to Lea Krumland (Recruiter).
Flaconi is a premium online shop for perfume and beauty products in Germany. Since 2011, Flaconi offers a great selection of perfumes, skincare products, make-up, organic cosmetics and professional hair care. In addition to a perfect customer service, a high-class website and an intuitive user design, a lot of information on the products makes shopping at Flaconi an emotional and unique experience. The successful E-Commerce company was already honoured with many online awards. In 2015 the ProSiebenSat.1 group acquired the majority of shares for Flaconi.
ProSiebenSat.1 Group is one of Europe's leading media companies. Our stations SAT.1, ProSieben, kabel eins, sixx, SAT.1 Gold, ProSieben MAXX and kabel eins Doku captivate millions of viewers every day. But extraordinary TV entertainment is just one part of our concept for success. Today, our growth is based on four segments: German-speaking TV business, our digital units with a large entertainment and e-commerce portfolio, and our international program production and sales house. We have consistently diversified our company in recent years and created additional sources of revenue. This also reflects our vision: We are establishing ProSiebenSat.1 as a leading broadcasting, digital entertainment, and commerce powerhouse.