For our office in Unterföhring near Munich we are looking for:
(Senior) Software Developer (m/f)
Content Services Engineering is a cross-functional team of 15+ individuals that work on ingestion, curation, management and distribution of all of ProSiebenSat1’s Digital video content. We are responsible for all aspects of our content catalogue and own the paths our content takes from being initially ingested into our systems to being discovered by customers across all of ProSiebenSat1’s VoD offerings. We strive to design resilient and efficient systems that perform well at scale and provide a future-proof architecture for our Digital Entertainment business.
Our Tech Stack
- We are all-in on cloud-computing, micro- & nanoservices, DevOps/NoOps and a data-driven engineering culture
- We are developing in node.js, Java, Python and Go, building /(micro|nano)?services/gi that run on AWS (40+ services and counting)
- We are proponents of a serverless, message driven-architecture – some of our AWS Lambda functions handle billions of requests per day without flinching
- We solve challenging problems with the best tools at hand, often leading to big bets on cutting edge technologies - i.e. node.js v0.6.0 in production as early as 2012
What you can expect in this role
- You will solve challenging real-world problems that affect millions of customers by bringing your engineering a-game to a work environment that fosters a culture of engineering excellence and constant evolution
- You build it, you run it – The software you develop is yours, from design to go-live to its deprecation
- “Use the best tool for the job”: GraphQL, AWS Lambda, Kafka, et. al. are used in production to solve real problems – You are highly encouraged to expand that list
- We embrace the fact that building software is hard and prefer failing fast to failing forever – We don’t expect perfection, but we do expect you to grow from failure
Your essential experience and education
- You have professional working experience in building applications with node.js and/or Java and running them with DevOps flavored technologies (Docker, Kubernetes, AWS, Serverless, ..)
- You believe in the concept of XaaS and have experience developing for AWS: Don’t worry if not – we’ll teach you how to swim in the deep end of the pool
- “You build it, you run it” is not just an empty platitude to you: Taking ownership for the things you built is natural for you and the idea that running your software is “done by the OPS guys” sounds absurd to you
What's in it for you?
- Take advantage of our wide range of training and development opportunities offered by the ProSiebenSat.1 Academy
- Benefit from a flexible work schedule with home office and 30 vacation days per year
- Work on modern fully equipped workplaces and use our wide range of sports (including yoga, football or workouts), post office, laundry and ironing service as well as many cafés and Wifi on campus
- In addition to the campus's own daycare or a childcare allowance, there is a family service with free consultation
- Enjoy an open corporate culture without dress code in the dynamic environment of the media industry
If we have aroused your interest, then send off your detailed application to us today. Discover more at tech.prosiebensat1.com .
ProSiebenSat.1 Group is one of Europe's leading media companies. Our stations SAT.1, ProSieben, kabel eins, sixx, SAT.1 Gold, ProSieben MAXX and kabel eins Doku captivate millions of viewers every day. But extraordinary TV entertainment is just one part of our concept for success. Today, our growth is based on four segments: German-speaking TV business, our digital units with a large entertainment and e-commerce portfolio, and our international program production and sales house. We have consistently diversified our company in recent years and created additional sources of revenue. This also reflects our vision: We are establishing ProSiebenSat.1 as a leading broadcasting, digital entertainment, and commerce powerhouse.