For our office in Unterföhring near Munich we are looking for:
Senior Software Developer (m/f) – Video Streaming
The Video Delivery Team is a cross-functional team of highly experienced individuals with deep competences in cutting-edge media technologies, cloud technologies, software development, quality assurance, and product management within the ProSiebenSat1 Digital GmbH. We master evolutionary design, development, and operation of PSD’s VoD pipeline including ingest, QC, essence and workflow management, transcoding, DRM, packaging, playout, CDN, player core, and streaming analytics
Our Teck Stack
- Our video delivery infrastructure is composed of a mix of internally developed services, 3rd party software, and SaaS components
- Our tech stack enables new business ideas and short time-to-market in a very dynamic environment. Cloud, a DevOps-mindset, lightweight processes, and data-driven optimization are enablers for us to achieve that
What you can expect in this role
- You will design and implement cloud-based services for our video delivery infrastructure as well as complementary player components, focusing on packaging, playout, multi-CDN, player core, and streaming analytics for playback on Smart TVs, game consoles, mobile devices, and web browsers
- You will select, steer and monitor external technology providers
- You will monitor video quality across all types of connected devices, aiming at continuously optimizing playback quality
- You will follow market trends and analyze new video and audio formats, video coding technology, streaming, encryption, player, and analytics technologies
Your essential experience and education
- You have a university degree in computer science, information technology, media engineering, or equivalent
- Ideally you have experience developing for cloud execution platforms
- You have profound knowledge of one or several core video streaming technologies such as media coding (H.264/AVC, H.265/HEVC, VP9, AV1), ABR streaming (DASH, MSS, HLS, CMAF, QUIC, H2), DRM (PlayReady, Widevine, FairPlay), and video players (dash.js, AVPlayer, ExoPlayer, WebMAF)
- You possess very good English skills. German is a plus
What's in it for you?
- Take advantage of our wide range of training and development opportunities offered by the ProSiebenSat.1 Academy
- Benefit from a flexible work schedule with home office and 30 vacation days per year
- Work on modern fully equipped workplaces and use our wide range of sports (including yoga, football or workouts), post office, laundry and ironing service as well as many cafés and Wifi on campus
- In addition to the campus's own daycare or a childcare allowance, there is a family service with free consultation
- Enjoy an open corporate culture without dress code in the dynamic environment of the media industry
If we got your attention, then send off your detailed application to us today. Discover more at tech.prosiebensat1.com.
ProSiebenSat.1 Group is one of Europe's leading media companies. Our stations SAT.1, ProSieben, kabel eins, sixx, SAT.1 Gold, ProSieben MAXX and kabel eins Doku captivate millions of viewers every day. But extraordinary TV entertainment is just one part of our concept for success. Today, our growth is based on four segments: German-speaking TV business, our digital units with a large entertainment and e-commerce portfolio, and our international program production and sales house. We have consistently diversified our company in recent years and created additional sources of revenue. This also reflects our vision: We are establishing ProSiebenSat.1 as a leading broadcasting, digital entertainment, and commerce powerhouse.