For our office in Unterföhring near Munich we are looking for:
Software Developer (m/f/d)
As Software Developer you will be the creator of our Applications. Jointly working with the other DevOps Engineers in the Rights & License Solution-Team (short RLS). You will also oversee the Tech-Tools and improvements, such as automation and QA to ensure we achieve a high tech standard. The RLS team is fully responsible for all IT Applications that are being used to manage, maintain, distribute and control rights and licenses information in our company.
Our tech stack
Legacy J2EE Applications as well as WebSphere (Middleware) state of the art tool-Chains and wanna be fancy Gadgets – basically anything you manage to introduce successfully ;D Remember we are an Entertainment Company, therefore “Our tech stack in one word: creative”
What you can expect in this role
- You help us transform legacy system into a modern architecture - design and implement new solutions economically and fit for purpose
- You love to develop great code
- You will be, together with the RLS team, in charge of the current and new applications in terms of a DevOps setting: you build it, you own it, you run it
- You are developing self-healing Applications (and mechanisms)
- You know when some data refresh went wrong and you can know what to do in such a case. You execute incident-handling professionally, routinely and as a cooperative team-worker (you feel the comfort of ITIL processes helping your work instead of making you panic)
- You find new solutions for Logging of application-communication audit conform
- You are enabling continuous development as well as Operation (e.g. Monitoring and Alerting) - potentially on premise as well as Cloud – using Kubernetes, Docker and such more
- Take care of the ELK stack and make sure it enables us to improve operational excellence in Application operation
- You decide on and execute potential Tool-Migrations such as if Kibana Dashboards might move to Cloud Solutions (you evaluate the options, agree with the other stakeholders and decide on a preferable solution that you implement/execute)
Your essential experience and education
- You have a mindset of DevOps and professional application Engineering
- You have experience in Distributed environments and Kubernetes, docker, docker-compose
- Software lifecycle management skills: Agile concepts and frameworks, DevOps, Continuous Integration, traditional software engineering methods
- You have solid database skills in one or more of the following: MySQL, PostgreSQL, ElasticSearch, Informix
- Familiar with Logging, Metrics & Monitoring in distributed systems such as Kibana, Grafana, Prometheus
- You are responsible, curious, team player and motivated to try new things and new ways of thinking and are already familiar with agile methods like Scrum
- You possess good English skills. German is a big plus
What's in it for you?
- Take advantage of our wide range of training and development opportunities offered by the ProSiebenSat.1 Academy
- Benefit from a flexible work schedule with home office and 30 vacation days per year
- Work on modern fully equipped workplaces and use our wide range of sports (including yoga, football or workouts), post office, laundry and ironing service as well as many cafés and Wifi on campus
- In addition to the campus's own daycare or a childcare allowance, there is a family service with free consultation
- Enjoy an open corporate culture without dress code in the dynamic environment of the media industry
- This position can be filled both full-time and part-time
If we got your your attention, then send off your application to us today. It only takes a couple of minutes! Get to know our tech teams at tech.prosiebensat1.com.
ProSiebenSat.1 Tech Solutions GmbH is a fully owned subsidiary of ProSiebenSat.1 Media SE. It incorporates all subjects regarding Enterprise IT and is responsible for operations and continued development of P7S1-internal applications as well as of IT infrastructure. ProSiebenSat.1 Tech Solutions optimizes the technical processes throughout the group, permanently refines the system architecture and thus provides the P7S1-employees a technologically state-of-the-art working environment.
ProSiebenSat.1 Group is one of Europe's leading media companies. Our stations SAT.1, ProSieben, kabel eins, sixx, SAT.1 Gold, ProSieben MAXX and kabel eins Doku captivate millions of viewers every day. But extraordinary TV entertainment is just one part of our concept for success. Today, our growth is based on four segments: German-speaking TV business, our digital units with a large entertainment and e-commerce portfolio, and our international program production and sales house. We have consistently diversified our company in recent years and created additional sources of revenue. This also reflects our vision: We are establishing ProSiebenSat.1 as a leading broadcasting, digital entertainment, and commerce powerhouse.